This recipe makes 500 ml of Mudardara. This is enough for 1 weekday. On weekends, double all quantities.
One bowl of sliced onions
250 ml of lentils
250 ml of rice
2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
1L of water
- In a pot on the stove, add the sliced onions with some oil and a tablespoon of salt. Stir for 2 minutes.
- In a GN container, wash the lentils. Add them to the onion and stir. Keep them on a low fire until the onions turn a light brown color.
- Wash the rice and add them to the mix. Add the pomegranate molasses.
- Add the hot water and lower the fire to the minimum.
- The mix will take 13 to 15 minutes to be cooked. If you aren't sure, check the water. Once it is fully evaporated the Mudardara is ready.
- Remove the pot from the fire and add olive oil.
- Leave the pot for 15 minutes before stirring. Stirring while hot will break the grains.
Transfer the Mudardara to a GN container and keep it in the hot bath until serving.
Once ordered, fill a bowl with a good quantity of Mudardara (fill the bowl approximately 80%).
Finish the bowl by adding a pinch of fried onion slices in the middle.